Friday, January 7, 2011

The classic tube sock

Possibly over looked and might even get a little grief the classic tube sock has been one of the most popular styles also probably one of the most affordable. Tube socks can be found for around ten dollars for a pack of 8-12. I find that Tubes are my “go to” sock when I don’t feel like being bothered with picking the perfect pair to wear. My tube sock collection started a few years ago while getting ready to head down to Angel Stadium for the season opener.  I searched the Pacific View mall for the perfect pair. I wanted white tubes with red stripes and of course they had to be the perfect shade of red (halo red) to match my jersey and hat. My search led me to Journeys where not only did I get the pair I was looking for but scored seven other tubes for my collection.  I find that tubes can be used for more then just your feet, today my tubes are working double duty.  I’m cleaning house today and a tube is a very useful duster.  By simply placing your hand in into the tube you can easily wipe down surfaces, TVs and it gives you better use of your hand for dusting tchotchkes (knick knacks).  This is classic advice for the frugal shopper or someone that doesn’t want to add to the growing landfills.  Recycle your old socks into a rag drawer for a house hold helper.  Tubes also make excellent wipes for the car window.   If you’re looking to invest in some tubes of your own I recommend Hanes they’re affordable, simple and can be purchased just about everywhere.
Hugs and Kisses
Sock Girl

1 comment: