Thursday, January 20, 2011

Toe Socks

This is how my sock collection and obsession began.   I don’t remember it well but I do remember it started in high school.  I also remember that my mother bought me my first pair (little did she know she was starting a life long obsession).  First taking the stage in the 1970’s toe socks could probably be best described as the crazy eccentric aunt of the sock family.  Imagine your crazy aunt (we all have one), now imagine her partying it up at Studio 54 wearing toes socks.  I doubt that toe socks were the first choice of the club scene but that’s how ridiculous these precious little gems are.  When disco died so did the toe sock, but did it?  I prefer to think that they went into hibernation reemerging with those crazy teens of the late 90’s.  This is where my experience with the toe sock begins.  Primarily sold as a gimmick when toe socks made their return they also brought with them a new fashion trend.  Yes I’m talking about toe socks with sandals.  This funky little trend was not for the faint at heart and one may argue should not be seen in public. I myself happen to use my toe socks a little less flashy, mine were restricted to the house.  Of course anyone that stopped by either got a chance to make fun of them or embrace them.  Not too long after this craze reappeared it shortly died out (again).  Not too worry though because this funky little fashion frenzy keeps coming back (kind of like anyone that dies on Days of our lives).   Sometime in the early to mid 2000’s we see the reinvention of toe socks.  This time when toe socks jump back into the spotlight they’ve supercharged themselves into the ultimate athletic sock.  Toesox and Injinji footwear have reconstructed the toe sock for the ultimate in performance socks.  Of course the funky toe sock can still be found and several places have a pretty decent selection of toe socks for men.  Body Max is a sight that I found online it turned out to have the best selection of striped toe socks for men.   I don’t disagree with men wearing striped toes socks in fact this could be pretty sexy, of course I do think that it takes a guy with a certain style and personality. So I don’t think we will see the demise of the toe sock anytime soon, this funky little fashion has evolved it’s self to fit into everyday life and there is a pair for every lifestyle.
Hugs and Kisses,
Sock Girl


3 comments:

  1. Yhao private label knitwear manufacturer develops new production techniques and only use the best materials. Our laboratories are continually looking for new solutions to create excellent, cheap, and durable products. In the commonly used cotton and nylon, we continue to achieve innovative applications of some new fibers and blending applications. The company has a touchscreen, Bluetooth, anti-cutting and other aspects of more than ten kinds of new product patent certificates. Our products are the best on the market. custom tube socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for mens colored ankle socks then visit Solowarrior.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Global Trendz Fashion offering the anklets for sale that gives a unique and innocent look. These socks are of high quality, durable and suitable for all outfits.

    ReplyDelete