Saturday, January 8, 2011

Styling my tubes

While getting dressed this morning I decided to once again style with the classic tube sock.  This brought up the question “how should I wear my tubes today”?   Being that it’s winter and I’m not a huge fan of the cold I went with a simple warmer look to compliment my tubes.  Since tubes have a sportier look they look best with a sporty outfit.  Shorts with sneakers are the most common fashion trend with tubes but I decided to not sport this look today.  I chose a trendier warmer look for the crisp air outside, black legging with tall uggs.  Tubes are perfect for tall uggs, the white of the socks get covered so that the sock isn’t over powering your outfit and you still get the peek of sock at the top.  American Apparel has an excellent selection of unisex tubes in a variety of colors.  I don’t actually recommend this particular look for the male sock connoisseur (at least not the straight ones).  Of course I’m always a huge fan of anyone that can pull off a look that they necessarily shouldn’t.  
Hugs and Kisses
Sock Girl

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a huge fan of tube socks...I go by the nickname SockDude. I'd really like to contact you Sock Girl, but I couldn't find your email address. Interested in sharing some sock thoughts? Email me. dirtysocks.com@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete